The Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Outside of your air conditioning unit, your water heater consumes more energy than anything else in your home or office. These types of water heaters use a tank to store water which is then heated and used for washing dishes, clothing or taking hot showers. The biggest problem with this type of model is that it will waste several gallons of cold water before turning the water hot.
Over the last decade many home and business owners have sought out alternate methods to heating their water. One such alternative is tankless water heaters. Torrance Tankless Water Heaters instantly heat water when you turn the hot water knob on.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters operate very simply. As soon as you turn your hot water knob in your sink, shower, water travels through the heater and triggers a sensor. A programmable computer lights a burner to a specified temperature. The heater takes the cold water and instantly turns it into hot water. As soon as the water is turned off the tankless water heater shuts off as well. It only operates when water is running through it.
Hot Water Heater Advantages
There are numerous benefits to choosing tankless water heaters over standard water heaters with tanks:
- Instant Hot Water – Standard hot water heaters can take between 2-5 minutes to finally start producing hot water. They can also take 30-60 minutes to recover after every shower (especially if someone takes a long shower). Tankless heaters, however, provide you with instant hot water upon demand.
- Endless Hot Water – No matter how advanced and how big (or how expensive), conventional hot water heaters have always have a hot water limit and need a break between usages. With tankless water heaters, however, there is no limit whatsoever.
- Longevity – Tankless water heaters generally come with a 10-15 year warranty. It is quite common, however, for them to last up to 20 years. Standard water heaters generally last between 10-12 years although they are often touted as lasting longer.
- Efficient Water Use – With tankless water heaters there is absolutely no wasted water. Because it's instant you can enter your shower or bathtub as soon as you turn the water on. When you are finished, the tankless heater shuts off immediately.
- Monthly/Annual Savings – It is estimated that you will save up to 30% on your water and/or energy bill every single month. Since no water is wasted, neither is your home's energy.
- Smaller Unit – Whereas standard water heaters require a large space, generally the size of a small closet, tankless water heaters can easily fit on a wall or a small place with plenty of room to fit other items.
- Cleaner Water – With tankless water heaters there are no rusty parts inside the unit. They are generally made from recyclable materials. This means that they are eco friendly and your water is cleaner.